In 2010 American Express created Small Business Saturday. The purpose of this was to focus the attention on small businesses during the holiday season. They wanted to encourage consumers to “celebrate the local businesses that help make your neighborhood great.”
While we applaud American Express for this creative effort, we like to think that every day is Small Business Day.
Personalized Products was started 26 years ago by Carrie and Curtis Gunst and has since grown into a company that has 12 employees. Not only that, but we can also boast that our Tally Ho and Equine Outfitters products are proudly made in Wisconsin, USA!
Here are some fun facts about small businesses in the United States:
- There are currently 28 million small businesses operating in the US
- Small businesses have generated more than 65% of the new jobs created in the US since 1996
- Over 50% of the working population works in a small business
This year Small Business Saturday is on November 29. Please stop by your local small business and show your support.
If you’d like to shop at Personalized Products you can do so in the following ways:
- Come to the store in Wisconsin. We are located at 625 West Sumner Street, Hartford, WI 53027
- Shop online at pphorse.com, or call us at 1-800-431-5257
- Stop by the trailer. It will be set up at the WEF showground in Wellington, FL from November 19-30